Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Hire
The owners of Noonaweena Retreat Centre (‘Owners’) hire out Noonaweena Retreat Centre (‘Centre’) to you (‘Hiring Party’), subject to acceptance and confirmation of your booking, on the following conditions.
- All bookings must be confirmed with a 50% deposit, and the full payment must be finalised upon arrival. No booking is confirmed until the deposit is received.
- In the event of cancellation greater than or equal to 3 months prior to the date of check-in, a full reimbursement (less a $150 administration fee (plus GST)) will be given.
- For cancellations less than 3 months prior to the date of check-in, a refund of any payment (less a $150 administration fee (plus GST)) will be given only if the Centre is re-booked for the same period (with a proportionate refund given where only part of the Centre is re-booked or the Centre is re-booked for only part of the period).
- Any change to a booking by the Hiring Party will be treated as a cancellation and re-booking. Bookings are not transferable.
- Rates are subject to change. If bookings are made in advance of over 12 months any changes in rates will be advised prior to the 3 month cancellation period lapsing.
- If you are eligible for our not-for-profit subsided rates, your group may be moved to ‘Gymea House’ should a Corporate group request the same dates. The Manager will notify you prior to arrival should this be required.
- The manager of the Centre (‘Manager’) may cancel bookings at the Manager’s discretion for any reasons whatsoever. On cancellation by the
Managera full refund is payable.
- A minimum booking of 2 nights is required for all accommodation, with a minimum of 6 rooms in Biram and 5 rooms in Gymea, is required or payment of the equivalent price. Prices are on a twin share basis.
- Extra day visitors will incur additional costs and the approval of the Manager must be obtained prior to arrival.
- As Health Inspections are carried out without notice, self-catered groups must keep the kitchen clean and tidy; at all times adhering to all requirements of the Manager and the Food Act 2003 (NSW) and related legislation. It is your responsibility to familiarise your group with the Catering factsheets found in the kitchens.
- Smoking is not permitted except in the designated smoking areas outside. No illegal drugs are permitted in the Centre & the Hiring Party must ensure the responsible consumption of alcohol by the Hiring Party and guests of the Hiring Party (collectively ‘Guests’) at all times, including the non-supply of alcohol to minors.
- Guests must only use the Centre according to the permitted use as stipulated by the Manager (also see Noonaweena Permitted Use of Premises information sheet).
- Guests are not permitted to bring animals onto the property. Flora and fauna and the surrounding environs of the Centre are not to be disturbed.
- Considering the bush location, prospective guests under the age of 18 are subject to management approval
- Excessive noise, as determined by the Manager in their absolute discretion, is prohibited at any time. All music must cease at
11pmwith day guests departing by this time.
- Guests must take all reasonable
care withall Centre facilities and any damage caused during the term of the booking will be the responsibility of the Hiring Party. The Hiring Party will be required to meet the cost of any breakages or damage caused by the Guests. Candles may only be used in protective containers.
- Permitted Guests use the Centre as licensees only and the Owners retain possession of the Centre at all times. The Manager and other staff may enter all parts of the property for the purposes of inspection and to carry out other tasks, but will not unreasonably interfere with the activities of Guests.
- Guests must use the property in conformity with all laws, regulations and Centre rules and comply with all requests of Managers and other staff as relating to the use of the facilities. If not, Guests may be asked to leave the Centre and the hire being terminated, at the complete discretion of the Manager.
- Arrival/Departure times for weekends - After
4pmFriday evening and departure by 12pmSunday afternoon. Arrival/Departure times for weekdays - After 4pmon the date of check-in and departure by 12pmon the date of departure. Any additional hours will be charged and hiring times are subject to change, should tight changeovers be required. The Manager will advise your group of any change prior to arrival.
- Guests must vacate their bedrooms by
10amon the day of departure so that rooms can be serviced. The Manager reserves the right to charge an extra night’s fee (or a lesser amount) for latevacation of the rooms.
- Furthermore, groups staying after the agreed departure time will be charged $100 per hour.
- If any property is left behind, the Manager may, at the sole risk and expense of the Hiring Party, remove, store, return or otherwise dispose of that property.
- The Hiring Party is to complete & return the ‘Guest Accommodation Plan’ to the Manager on the first night of stay and agrees to familiarise the entire group with the safety information on fire and local wildlife and agrees to assume the fire warden role during their stay
- Unless prior arrangements have been made with the Manager, the front gate will be locked each evening at
10pmand not be available for vehicle access until the following day, for security and safety reasons.
- Unless GST is expressly included, the consideration expressed to be payable under these conditions or any fee quoted by the Manager for any supply made under or in connection with the hire of the Centre does not include GST. GST on all amounts payable in respect of the use of the Centre is to be paid by the Hiring Party.
- Despite the conditions of hire contained above, the Hiring Party will not be held liable by the Owners for any breach, injury or damage that is solely caused by the act, error or omission of guests not associated with the Hiring Party and their group
- The Hiring Party shall be solely responsible for the safety and health of all persons coming onto the site and using its facilities at the request of or for the purpose of the Hiring Party and release the Owners, Managers and other Centre staff to the fullest extent permitted by law from all claims and demands of any kind and from all liability which may arise in respect of any death, accident, damage or injury occurring to any person or property in or about the property.
- The Hiring Party indemnifies, and agrees to keep indemnified, the Owners, Managers and other Centre staff from and against all suits, claims, demands, actions, damages, costs, losses and expenses for any loss, damage or injury sustained by reason of or in relation to the group’s stay at and use of the Centre.